Tuesday, May 27, 2008

morning glory

It was early morning, and I prayed rosary with a friend. It was really difficult to concentrate, too sleepy I guess, but I tried hard anyway. In the middle of my prayer, I’ve just realized that there were sooo many birds singing. So I went out, still praying, to feel the cold breeze touch my skin. Hell yeah, there were few times I’ve felt this sensation, and I’ve never bored of it.

At the 20th of May, the National Awakening Day (if I may say like that), I woke up very early, went to the roof, see the sky of indigo turned red at the east. And still, the birds sang and the air was cold. Morning sensation, you know. I raised my beloved flag, Merah Putih, that day, with a friend with whom I prayed rosary today.

Now let’s back to 2007. I hiked Semeru, and it was only a few steps to reach Mahameru (that’s the peak of Semeru). But my friends was all behind, and I never know whether I was in the right or wrong way. I was very alone in a place called Arcapada, with nine graves around and very sharp ravine at my left and right, all was stone, no vegetation anymore. The road was fit only for one’s feet, not for two, so I have to be very careful not to fall down. The topography was very complicated; it was really risk to made every single movement. And I have to wait about one hour for my friends, all alone in that bloody place. So I took a look around. I hear no one’s sound but the mountain wind (oh it’s so scary, really!). I found nobody, not a single mammal. I saw the graves one by one, to find that most of them was dead at this place where I was standing. And it was dark, very dawn, half to five, I guess. I really wait for the sunrise. Then when I felt the dark turns light, it was a really great relief. Again, morning glory. The birds starts singing, the view was so clear. The landscape underneath was very great. All was visible. Felt like I was at the top of the world. And it was, really, really, truly amazing! You should see it by yourself. The morning view was always wonderful, even at the place with nine graves around you.

Friend, if you have never feel the morning sensation, I plead to you, wake up very early tomorrow morning!! At dawn if necessary. Trust me; the morning sensation will give you a very fresh point of view about the nature. So at everything you do, you’ll try to save the nature. Cause we still wanna see the morning glory, ain’t we?

No comments: