Thursday, April 24, 2014

Open Letter Regarding Fulbright - Presidential Scholarship

Dear AMINEF,

Greetings!

Probably AMINEF still remember that regarding my LoA from UC Berkeley, I persist that I would apply for LPDP / Presidential Scholarship (BPRI), asking them to waive the term "Not receiving other scholarship". I did so, and I would like to let you know that finally LPDP let me pass the administrative selection, means that LPDP-BPRI finally made a precedent to grant discretion on case by case basis (dispensation) for request on other funding contribution. Other candidate that granted adminsitrative waiver is Aichiro Suryo.

It has been a landmark step from LPDP that they are willing to facilitate those who has been offered LoA from Top 50 Universities but are not qualified to commit full funding contribution from LPDP. I believe AMINEF will also consider to continue supporting future candidates who wish to ask discretion from LPDP-BPRI, and regardless of the strict policies that AMINEF employ, might consider to proactively engage with LPDP-BPRI for candidates who has been offered LoA for Top 50 Universities with conditions of huge shortfall.

I just want to let AMINEF know this for considerations on future policies. In my case, as you know, I have declined the offer from UC Berkeley and that means I will also withdraw my LPDP-BPRI candidacy and continue with Fulbright on other possible options.

Thank you very much and have a good day!


P.S. Anyone can e-mail me / comment on this post to get a copy of my letter to LPDP-BPRI on condition waiver. Other candidates can freely use it as a template.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why not try Indonesian Billionaires lists