Tuesday, July 23, 2013

ramdom things love me

ser·en·dip·i·ty [ser-uhn-dip-i-tee], noun 
1. an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.
2. good fortune; luck: the serendipity of getting the first job she applied for.
Origin: 1754; Serendip + ity; Horace Walpole so named a faculty possessed by the heroes of a fairy tale called The Three Princes of Serendip


Too many of them, sometimes I take note of them so I can recall when I need some fresh supply of funny things, but most of them dissapear with my unreliable short-term memory.

So I take notes to some random events occuring these days.

Yesterday I walked home from my office. I tried vasting that day (my first time for a serious, full time vasting and I succeed yeaaay!) and planned to have another one the day after. It was midnight and I was eagerly searching for some meal for sahur, so when I saw a man at the park who's sitting behind some sort of various thing, I walked approaching him. As my eyes can't see clear (I have a minus one miopi), from some metres I started to greet him and asked him happily (and seriously) whether he sell foods. As I reached him, I just realized that he didn't sell food. Scary, that skinny bald man was surrounded with papers and things I couldn't recognize and calmly burned something. For seconds I feel so awkward and I smiled and him to say sorry, and walked away from under his strange stare. Minutes before I, Pandji, my bestfriend, just sent me a voice note record of him playing a horror composition in piano, and tell me to "imagine something hollow but sacred" - and by then me, who didn't have any idea that I will meet such a strange man, didn't have to imagine again. It came to me in reality. Haha.

And just a day after, I replied a tweet of National Geographic and they retweeted me. I got many retweets then, but one of the account who retweeted stole my attention. His name was "Pandu Ngehe". Pandu is Pandji's father and ngehe means "have sex". I let Pandji knows. Not everyday your father's having sex name might find you from a random tweet.

Minutes after, I got another tweet. Someone sitting next to me while I had iBT saw the NatGeo retweet and hit to my account. She mentioned that and say hi. We didn't even exchange name, and really, social media is not for conversation with stranger for me. That's a low-level randomness. Another retweeter who follow me then, turned out to be a friend of my band's additional sax.

Now I'm waiting for my dentist to take care of my teeth. No idea whether random things will also happen to me in such a serious circumstances, but sometimes yes. But noticing random things happen to you can make you 10x more excited, happier, more grateful. So people, be happy with small things! Good day!

The randomness continues

This post should've been finished by the previous sentence. But the randomess still entails me. The following day I hiked mount Cikuray with Budi and Huda, and we arrived at Garut by dawn. We met two people who said they would go to Papandayan while we're about to buy some drink for sahur. Brago and Titis, a friend of ours, was hiking Papandayan too so we let them know about that. That evening, we finished Cikuray and waited for Brago and Titis at Garut, while in turn I got the message from Brago saying they were lost at the hutan mati and we lost contact. We told the ranger to let us know if they're found. The next morning he sent a message, saying they're okay, and how did they get the right way back? This randomness again, they met the two strangers who met us while we're looking for sahur that morning, and they told Titis and Brago that they met us.

Even on the following day of lost and found accident, random thing still occur. I'm observing that this starts to be too much and wonder whether it's me or this universe. But anyway, it happened a lot to me. Maybe just, random things love me :)

No comments: